Dr. Michael D. Gillespie, DDS
In 2016, Dr. Gillespie celebrates 22 years in the practice of dentistry. He is a graduate of Western Carolina University and the University of North Carolina School of Dentistry. As a lifelong learner, he obtained additional training in implant therapy and orthodontics and is recognized as a Fellow in the Academy of General Dentistry. Dr. Gillespie has been married to Lisa for 28 years and they have three sons. In his spare time, Dr. Gillespie enjoys the outdoors, photography, and cooking on his Big Green Egg.
"I am honored to have served our mountain area residents for 22 years. Our patients become family members, and I have been blessed by the trust and confidence placed in me and my staff," states Dr. Gillespie.
- Honduras Mission Trips
- NC Baptist Men Dental Bus
- Haywood Waterways Association (Group of the Year, 2009)
- Public Art Commission (Past Chairman)
- American Dental Association
- WNC Dental Society (Past President)
- Downtown Waynesville Association (Board of Directors)
- Haywood County Chamber of Commerce
- Haywood County Arts Council
- Western Carolina University Pre-Professional Health Advisory Committee
- "Best Dentist" 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, The Mountaineer Reader's Choice Awards
- "Best of the Rest", 2013, Mountain Express
- Business of the Month, Haywood County Chamber of Commerce