Many adults who had orthodontics in their youth have experienced orthodontic relapse, in which the teeth shift back to their original state. The thought of wearing braces again is not appealing to many adults and that's where ClearCorrect aligners can fill the gap.
The procedure involves impressions of both arches, either with traditional impression material or with our new digital optical scanner. These are uploaded to the ClearCorrect lab, where the teeth are manipulated digitally into the ideal set-up. Using 3D printing technology, a series of firm, plastic aligners are fabricated. Each aligner moves the teeth incrementally until they are ready for the next in the series. This is repeated until the teeth reach their ideal place in the arch.
Treatment generally takes from 3-12 months, depending on the amount of straighening needed. We have been providing orthodontic services for over 16 years. ClearCorrect is another tool in our orthodontic bag that allows us to straighten teeth for adults. This month we are offering complimentary orthodontic assessments. All new cases started in January and February 2018 will receive a $100 Amazon gift card!
A beautiful smile is a social asset as well as a sign of good health. Teeth that are properly positioned are easier to clean and therefore, maintain for a lifetime. At our Waynesville, NC office, Michael D. Gillespie, DDS offers several modes of orthodontic treatment to straighten teeth for children and adults alike.
- Traditional braces — a rchwires are affixed to small brackets that are bonded to the teeth. Today’s brackets are smaller and move teeth more quickly than in the past.
- ClearCorrect — a series of clear aligners are worn for two weeks at a time and are virtually invisible. Clear aligners are ideal for minimally crowded and rotated teeth.
- Inman Aligner — a removable appliance consisting of a spring assembly that provides light forces to each side of the arch, gently straightening the teeth.
Through January and February, we are offering a complimentary assessment to see if we may meet your orthodontic treatment goals. Call our Waynesville, NC office at 828-456-9007 to see if our tooth straightening options are a possibility for you. As an added bonus, each orthodontic case started in January and February will receive a $100 Amazon gift card!
The office of Michael D. Gillespie, DDS is located at 611 S. Haywood Street in Waynesville, NC.
Find out how this long-term tooth replacement could boost your appearance!
Dental implants are pretty amazing restorations because they are the only ones that actually both look and even act similarly to natural teeth. This is because our Waynesville, NC, dentist Dr. Michael Gillespie places this small, biocompatible titanium post into the jawbone, where it naturally fuses together with the bone and tissue in your mouth so that you can enjoy a permanent and stable base from which to hold a false tooth.
Plus, dental implants offer an array of wonderful benefits for your oral health that you probably didn’t even realize. Here are just some of the ways that getting dental implants in Waynesville, NC, could greatly improve your smile:
They preserve the overall strength and durability of your jawbone and prevent bone loss (one of the most common complications of tooth loss). No other tooth replacement options actually stimulate the jawbone.
Since the implant prevents jawbone deterioration you also won’t have to deal with structural changes in your face that you would have to deal with if your jawbone began to lose density. Those with bone loss will eventually deal with signs of premature aging since the jawbone will start to recede, causing issues like sunken cheeks.
Once an implant is placed this will fill the gap in your smile where your missing tooth used to be. Filling that gap prevents the rest of your teeth from shifting into that open space, which can lead to crooked teeth, gaps between teeth and other misalignments.
Once an implant fuses together with the jawbone you now have a restoration that could last you the rest of your life. Plus, you won’t have to worry about the implant moving or shifting around in your mouth (like you might have to deal with if you have dentures). This means both speech and chewing are fully restored. So go ahead and enjoy all of your favorite foods again!
With a beautiful, full smile again that you can feel confident in you’ll also feel better about the way you look. Perhaps you were canceling social gatherings because you were embarrassed by gaps in your smile. With implants, now you are ready to improve your appearance and your social life!
If you are ready to get dental implants from our Waynesville, NC, dentist then it’s time you gave us a call. We would be happy to schedule a consultation for you.
Tooth problems during Christmas are worse than the Grinch stealing your presents. Listed below are several dental emergencies and their solutions should you find yourself in a dental pinch while we are closed over the holidays.
- Broken or Chipped Tooth: Use temporary dental restorative material or orthodontic wax to cover the area. These may be found in the dental section of local drug stores.
- Loose Crown: Use temporary dental cement to re-seat the crown until you can be seen in our office. Be sure to perform a dry run to make sure you can seat it properly. This material is also found at the drug store.
- Swelling: If the swelling is severe, or extends into the eye or neck, visit Urgent Care or the Emergency Room immediately. You may need an antibiotic to control infection.
- Toothache: For mild discomfort use two 200 mg Ibuprofen (Advil or Motrin) and two 500 mg Acetaminophen (Tylenol) in combination every 4-6 hours. Studies show this protocol is as effective as prescription pain medicines.
- Loose Orthodontic Bracket: A loose or lost bracket will not pose a problem over the short term. If a wire is loose, clip it with wire pliers and place orthodontic wax if needed to cover it.
Our office is closed from December 22-January 1 and will return on Tuesday, January 2, 2018.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.