Your Local Dentist & Dental Team in Waynesville, NC
Hello from our Waynesville dental team! We are all so excited to meet you and welcome you to our practice. Dr. Gillespie and the rest of our team work hard to create a fun, family-oriented atmosphere where you can enjoy a positive experience that will leave you smiling.
“I am honored to have served our mountain area residents for over two decades. Our patients become family members, and I have been blessed by the trust and confidence placed in me and my staff.”
— Dr. Gillespie
About Dr. Michael D. Gillespie
Dr. Gillespie is proud to celebrate over 24 years of practicing dentistry. A native of the mountains, he graduated from Western Carolina University and earned his dental doctorate at the University of North Carolina School of Dentistry. Dr. Gillespie is a lifelong learner and has obtained additional training in implant therapy, orthodontics, CEREC® same-visit crowns, dental sleep apnea treatment, and 3D scanning. Through his numerous hours of continuing education, he has been recognized as a Fellow in the Academy of General Dentistry.
Dr. Gillespie has been married to his wife, Lisa, for 30 years, and they have three sons together. In his spare time, he enjoys hiking, fishing, kayaking, and practicing photography.
• “Best Dentist,” The Mountaineer Readers’ Choice Awards (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2017)
• “Best of the Rest,” Mountain Xpress (2013)
• Business of the Month, Haywood County Chamber of Commerce
• Platinum Circle, Fortune Practice Management
• American Dental Association
• American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
• WNC Dental Society (Past President)
• Western Carolina University Pre-Professional Health Advisory Committee
• Downtown Waynesville Association (Board of Directors)
• Haywood County Chamber of Commerce
• Haywood County Arts Council
• Honduras Mission Trips
• Baptists on Mission Dental Bus
• Haywood Waterways Association (Group of the Year, 2009)
• Public Art Commission (Past Chairman)
“I enjoy giving my patients a beautiful smile that will last a lifetime.”
— Dr. Kurian
About Dr. Jamie Kurian
After graduating from the University of Southern Florida, Dr. Jamie Kurian went on to get her Doctor of Dental Surgery degree (DDS) from Howard University. She completed her postdoctoral training in Brooklyn, NY, at the Veterans Administration Medical Center where she gained extensive training in prosthodontics, endodontics, and oral maxillofacial surgery.
Dr. Kurian has a deep passion for understanding her patients’ needs so she can provide the best treatment possible for a lifetime of happy, healthy smiles. She participates in continuing education courses to give her an edge to adapt and perform to the best of her ability.
In her spare time, she loves to spend time with her daughter, traveling, and expanding her culinary palate.
• American Dental Association
• Texas Dental Association
• Greater Houston Dental Society
About Our Dental Team
Hear from Some of Our Patients
“Dr Gillespie and his staff have been taking care of our family for almost 20 years. They are always extremely thorough and professional. I would highly recommend them to anyone!”
– Laura P.
“From the moment you walk in the door, the staff puts you at ease & everyone treats you with the utmost care & courtesy.”
– Peggy Q.
“Dr. Gillespie has been my dentist for about 14 years… I really appreciated their concern for me and my new smile. The entire staff is the best.”
– Sandy R.
“They’re so accommodating and most importantly, always welcoming and have a comforting environment. I never feel embarrassed and actually love coming here.”
– Karen W.